Damage reset?

Moderators: Dandin384, Kushan, ckfinite

Damage reset?

Postby WebCommand » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi there!

First off, fantastic forum!

I´m just starting out doing scenarios and messing out with things. Lua included. I have a question:

Is there a way to reset the damage of a unit to zero? Using Lua or whatever. I looked everywhere but can´t find it.
I have an aircraft carrier in the editor with Damage of 13.2%. I fixed the damaged magazines and sensors but it still shows the same damage.

Thanks!
WebCommand

Re: Damage reset?

Postby ckfinite » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Not right now, sadly.

Edit: To expand a bit more, you can do it by recreating the unit in Lua. You can save off a .inst file from Command, then load it in to spawn the aircraft carrier again. You'll just have to do a lot of bookkeeping for it to work.
ckfinite

Postby Baloogan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Might be able to 'shift-C' clone the unit.
Baloogan
Site Admin

Postby WebCommand » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks guys!

Baloogan,
The clone command worked like a charm! Clones the unit but not the damage. Also it replenishes the weapon´s amunition!
The only down side is that all the aircraft in the carrier are gone. Any easy way to transfer them? Oh well, not such a big deal if I have to do it manually.

ckfinite,
The inst file idea is interesting even if not the most practical/fastest way for this specific case. I´ll do some tests with it.

I´m having trouble adjusting to the workflow in the CMANO editor and do a lot of mistakes that seem to be irreversible. No undo button!
WebCommand

Return to Command Lua